1. Fall and the warm fuzzy feelings it gives me :)
2. My parents. As frustrating as they can be, they’re always there for me with unconditional love and they really are two of my best friends.
3. Terrell Spence. He is my heart and will always be part of my family.
4 Live Music. It had been so long since I had seen a concert and this past weekend I went to two. There is just something so spiritual about live music and its ability to bring together a group of people that will never be together again but for that one night, share an unforgettable experience.
5. Franktown. When he wants to snuggle, I really do like him.
6. Mashed Potatoes. When I’m feeling sick they, without a doubt, make me feel better.
7. Unexpected Text Messages. You know, the ones that just say “I love you” or “I’m praying for you.” Yeah, those make me smile.
When I heard the news, my heart fell on the floor. I was on a plane on my way to Baltimore. In these troubled times it’s hard enough as it is. My soul has a known a better life than this.
I wonder how so many can be in so much pain, while others don’t seem to feel a thing. Then I curse my whiteness and I get so damn depressed. In a world of suffering, why should I be so blessed?
I heard about a women who lives in Colorado. She built a monoment of sorts behind the garage door, where everyday she prays for all whom are born and all whose souls have passed on. Sometimes my trouble gets so thick, I can’t see how I’m gonna get through it. But, then I’d rather be stuck up in a tree then be tied to it.
There is so much more.
I don’t feel comfortable with the way my clothes fit. I cant get used to my bodys limits. I got some fancy shoes to try and kick away these blues. They cost a lot of money but they arent worth a thing. I wanna free my feet from the broken glass and concrete. I need to get out of this city. Lay apon the ground stare a hole in the sky, wondering where I go when I die. …When I die.
1. Justin and Kara Myers. I love them so much and they’ve been there for me through so many things. They are my family.
2. My bed. Lately it seems like I can’t stop being completely 100% exhausted and when I come home after a long day of school and work, my bed never lets me down and always does it’s job.
3. Convictions. So many times, especially in high school, these can be seen as a negative thing. Call me old fashioned, but I’m ok with being different and knowing that because I am true to myself, although the journey may be hard, it’ll all be worth it in the end.
4. Dresses. It’s silly and material, but I love the way I feel when I’m wearing a dress. They can make any girl feel beautiful and there’s something beautiful about that.
5. Pictures. They might be my favorite thing in the world. There is something so amazing to me about the documentation of a single moment that can never be forgotten because it was captured in a photograph. Pictures, whether good or bad, flattering or unflattering, silly or serious, are beauty.
6. Sisters. There is something to be said about the relationship between sisters. My visit to California made me realize how instrumental they have been in my life. Their love and example has helped me to grow and mature into the person I am today. There is simply no one in this world who will ever understand me in the same way that they do.
7. Socks. There is no feeling comparable to putting warm socks on chilly toes. Socks make me happy. They are such a simple pleasure in this life.
If there is one thing that looking at different colleges has helped me realize, it’s what is really important to me. The decision of where I want to learn and grow and change over the next four years requires me to weigh out some pros and some cons. And if nothing else, it is helping me to value the great relationships that I have. When you find good friends, you know. And I’m the happiest I’ve ever been in friendships currently. So college is a scary thing, but when it all boils down, family is family. And that includes those close friends. I never expected for things to be the way they are a year ago and i never knew the magnitude at which God would provide. So here’s to my extended family. And here’s to that remaining constant in the midst of change. You know who you are. I love you. <3.
My visit to Covenant and the people I spent my time with while I was there
My parents. They freaking rock. I love them
Addie and Andrea. They’re the best and I’m so glad we are friends.
My job. As much as I complain about it, I’m so blessed to have a job and I love the people I work with so much.
I get to see my sisters tomorrow! I miss them so much and I cannot wait to be reunited with them.
My Faith. The more I think about it, the more in love I am with Jesus and the more grateful I am to have the love of Christ living in me.
My classmates. I learn so much from so many of them everyday and I love each of them uniquely and individually. God has blessed me with some beautiful people to share this year with and I cannot wait to see what he has in store.